Sunday, November 28, 2010

Butter Powder!


We've had some refrigerator issues this month, so I've been trying to figure out many recipes without items that require it.  I needed to make a white sauce today.  While searching the pantry for various fats (oils) I could use in place of butter, I found BUTTER!!!


A few years ago I'd bought dried butter and eggs from the Kitchen Kneads store at 7579 Redwood Rd West Jordan, UT (801-561-9616).  Kitchen Kneads is an excellent bulk pantry store!  They have great off-grid products... I also got my sprouts and many other supplies there. If you're in the area, stop by: here.


Anyway, I found the butter and it *still* looked great!  I reconstituted the proper amount and used it in my white sauce.  I may have used a touch too much, as it was very buttery indeed, but also tasty! It sure does pay to keep the Vanstead stocked with the basics!


As with most things, you may also find it at amazon here:
Butter Powder!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I had no idea. In fact I think you're way to far ahead of my with all the stuff you're posting here (makes my head spin) but I'm learning a lot and really enjoying it.

    Les

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be darned! I had never heard of this. Off to Amazon I go!
    Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Great find in your pantry....I never heard of it....Well, I guess knew it existed in some form or another....I did once buy something in a spice size jar as a butter replacement supposedly healthier for you on popcorn, baked spuds, but I don't think it was real butter....I will have to check this out...
    Thanks for the good info...
    stay warm and good to know Mike is doing well in the desert.....see ya soon....Happy Holidays....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments! We used this on fish/rice last night... mmmmm! I may never use stick version again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another excellent source for dehydrated products...to include butter and cheddar cheese in cans! (for longer term storage) is internet-grocer.net. A fun site to peruse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Peg! I signed up for the newsletter. :)

    ReplyDelete

Ad