Wednesday, October 20, 2010

An Oral History

Yesterday we spent several hours with Michael's granny.  One of the goals of this trip was to explore family history.  I recorded the oral history (video) that lasted several hours.  It turned out better than I could have imagined.  She is a beautiful woman!  She talked about the life she knew as a child, growing up in a sharecropper family in the 1920s.  


The interview will continue today.  We can learn so much from the older members of our families.  

3 comments:

  1. That's wonderful and so cool. History is amazing especially on the practical, here's how it was kind of way you can only get from someone from the older generations telling you about their first hand experiences.

    Can't wait to hear more about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea. I wish I would have listened more carefully when my Grand Parents and Parents told stories and talked about our family from the past. Especially our family from Scotland and Ireland. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I've learned some wonderful things!

    Thank you for the comments.

    ReplyDelete

Ad